10 August 2014

RSVP card

This card took me an age and a half to complete, im not exactly sure why, I think mostly because I was unsure of the direction I wanted to go in. The omly brief I had was bright colours when I asked about the wedding colour scheme. 

I was reasonably pleased with how this card turned out, though my new camera woild have captured it better with some help from my chief photographer! 

The background of the card was again made using Tim Holtz distress inks and a blending brush, I love the effects that the brushes can give, watch out for a post soon on my first entry for the OHS 'Alphabetica' challenge which uses these brushes and some lovely bright citrus colours from OHS.  I hope to publish that blog post in the next couple of days, though I am waiting for some nice weather for some out door photographs!

The flower was produced by cutting out multiple copies of a heart I drew (as it was related to a wedding). I then stuck the first layer of the flower down before stitching down the centre of the top hearts using a similar colour of thread, I always like to add dimension to my cards where possible. I used 2 different size of buttons as the centre pieces. The stem of the flower was made using a piece of rick rack, stuck on another piece of ribbon and super sticky tape. This card did not turn out how I had envisioned at all, but I guess that's an aspect of crafting, you have to play with ideas to produce an overall result that you are happy with :)

Thanks for reading,

- Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment