4 August 2014

Congratulations Card

As promised here is a post about my third and final entry for the 'Happily Ever After' Competition.


Once again this card uses simple matting and layering of cream linen card stock with another colour, this time a nice purple DCWV white cored card stock (not that I highlighted the white core in this instance). The detailed butterflies are the Medium Charming Butterfly from OHS, which were stamped in a purple ink (the exact ink escapes me) before filling in the detail with a Versamark pen and embossing in a gold WOW embossing powder. The purple butterflies (using the smaller of the two Stampin' Up butterfly punches) were simply cut out of the backing purple card stock. The gold butterflies were punched out of the cream linen card stock which had been coloured using a gold tear drop brilliance ink pad. I couldn't resist making a co-ordinating envelope with my envelope board, they are so easy to use and make a multitude of different sized envelopes to fit various sized cards :D.

A friend of mine is collecting cards to sell to raise money for a friend who was recently widowed at the age of 29, I have given her this card, as well as others, to sell to raise money. If any of you would be willing to donate cards I am sure my friend would be very grateful. I will blog some of my other makes soon, thanks for reading my blog, please feel free to leave a comment.

- Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment