26 August 2014

'Add Some Glitter' - Lavinia Stamps Challenge

Wow, two posts in one day, now that doesn't happen often! We risked the bank holiday weather to go to the Aylsham show, and we got soaked, perhaps not the most wise idea I've ever had, particularly as I was suffering the initial symptoms of a cold. This morning I woke up to a full blown cold complete with headache, sore throat and blocked sinuses, so trying to distract myself from being a miserable wet blanket I decided to have a look through some craft blogs for inspiration as to what to create today. As my mother's daughter it is only natural for me to like to add bling and glitter to my craft projects (though not as much as she would), when I came across the Lavinia Stamps August Challenge of 'Add Some Glitter' (HERE) I decided that this was what I would do today.

Now I sit here with glitter in my hair, on my face and all over my work surface (I wouldn't be at all surprised if I sneeze glitter at some point today) I need to write up the blog post for my competition entry, my brain is muffled from this cold so please excuse any typos, spelling mistakes or ramblings on my part!


Close up of the glittered seed heads

I started this card with a piece of card (6 inches by 4 inches) on which I had already created a blended ink background using 3 Stampin' Up ink spots (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight) and a Tim Holtz blending tool. I have decided to do a line of cards like these (all different but along the same premise) so please keep coming back to see more of my projects using this technique.

The next step was to choose a Lavinia product to use, sadly I only have 2 sets (one borrowed from my mum), however I love the seed heads and hadn't up until today had a chance to use them. These stamps come straight in the packet but I decided to curve them on my project for a different effect, they are stamped with memento ink in Tuxedo Black, as is the Happy Birthday sentiment in the lower right hand corner. 

To 'Add Some Glitter' I used my Creative Memories glue pen (I actually prefer my sakura quickie glue pen but I couldn't get it to work) to add glue to some of the seed heads, I did this one colour at a time, the image on the right was sprinkled with red glitter whilst the left uses orange glitter.


The finished product

Thanks again for reading my blog, please do follow me for regular inspiration, it's great to share ideas with like minded people, back to bed I go armed with a big mug of lemsip, my hot water bottle and a box of tissues,

- Rebecca

PS - apologies that my instructions aren't as clear as usual, the cold had numbed my thought processes today!

10 comments:

  1. Great card, Rebecca. The stamped images look lovely against the bright coloured band across the top. Hope you feel better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love those seed head stamps too, I'm not sure my mum will be getting them back!

      Delete
  2. This is a very beautiful CAS card Rebecca.
    greetings from Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really striking hot colours and yet you have the simplicity of the stamp - great combination. Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa, I do love the overall simplicity of this card, I often struggle to leave white space but its something I am working to combat :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card design, love those images and the simplicity of the design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I have set myself the challenge of keeping my cards simple and allowing white space to be left as white space, I think I have a long way to go but I'm pleased with my progress :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Rebecca, this card really took my eye on the Snippets Showcase - love the colours. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Elizabeth for your kind words, this is one of very few of my cards that I'm actually confident enough to be proud of xx

    ReplyDelete