10 August 2014

Alphabetica Challenge: Entry 1

The challenge over at Oakhouse Studio (oakhousestudio.blogspot.com) is 'Alphabetica', incorporating letters, words and numbers, or any combination of the above. Almost instantly I thought of something like the piece below.


Finished frame (ready for a photo)


Back of the stand


Front of the stand

This frame and stand set are made out of chipboard, I then painted them with Paperartsy Fresco paint in 'Honeydew'. Next I stamped letters all over the frame in both upper and lower case, starting with the palest colour (lemon yellow) before the middle colour (golden yellow) and the final colour (spring green). All of the inks were bought from Oakhouse Studio. Finally I used my ink duster brushes (ok my mum's ink duster brushes, though they are on my wish list, or perhaps I can sneak them into my suitcase later! These are the brushes I have mentioned in previous posts and not remembered the name), to colour the edges and the stand with the same colours that I used for stamping with.

I feel that this would be a perfect frame for a baby photo, and thus could make a perfect baby shower (as it is gender neutral) or christening gift.

Thanks for having the patience/interest to read my ramblings,

- Rebecca


5 comments:

  1. this is lovely Rebecca and it would be fabulous for a baby picture! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great frame and stand, lovely colours.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, fingers crossed for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! What a great idea! x

    ReplyDelete