1 August 2014

Engagement Card

First and foremost this is my first post, and thus my first attempt at using Blogger, so if I make any mistakes I must apologise. A few weeks ago we headed to Scotland for a holiday followed by the wedding of one of Tom's old school friends. It turns out to be a double celebration as the day before the wedding, whilst we were having dinner with a group of Tom's friends, Jordan revealed that he and his girlfriend Agathe had got engaged a few weeks previously but he wanted to wait until we were all together to tell us. We were all very pleased for them and are looking forward to a trip to France in 2016 for the wedding! Below is the card I have made for them for their engagement, I also entered it into the Oakhouse Studio 'Happily Ever After' Competition.


This card was made using a simple matting and layering technique, inking the edge of the top piece of cream linen card in blue to tie in with the blue within the butterflies. The butterflies were made by stamping the butterfly from the Oakhouse Studio Triple Butterfly set, on a piece of background paper that I created using Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks on foiled card.

Since receiving a Stampin' Up envelope board I have begun to make and decorate my own envelopes to co-ordinate with my cards. I feel it adds a little intrigue and excitement on receiving the card instead of it being in a plain, I won't go as far as to say boring, envelope!

I hope you have enjoyed reading my first blog entry, please come back and visit my blog again soon!

6 comments:

  1. Well done on your very first blog post!....this card is fab, I'm sure the recipients will love it! Keep up the good work xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on starting your blog. Great first post too! Beautiful card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great first blog post and a great card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely Card to start your Blog of with

    Angela
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookery and crafts a winning combination, great first blog post. Fabulous card amazing butterflies.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone, please come back to see more blog posts in the future :D

    ReplyDelete