27 August 2014

Quick and Simple Birthday Card


This birthday card was made using scraps of card stock and patterned papers. I'm sure you all have some of those, whether you are the sort of person who saves every scrap of paper, even the smallest of small bits or someone who will only keep scraps over a certain size, if you are a crafter you will know how quickly these scraps amass! When my friend asked for cards to sell to raise money for her recently widowed friend I saw the opportunity to use up a small amount of my scraps!

First I matted and layered (past tense of to mat and layer?) my orange and yellow pieces of card stock, ensuring I cut away the middle from the orange so as not to let it go to waste as unseen (a nice thrifty technique which you can use when matting and layering, either on cards or scrap booking, just measure carefully!) After this I stuck a couple of narrow strips of gold border stickers either side. I then punched out my bunting, in co-ordinating colours, using the Stampin' Up pennant punch before adding it to my card. The 'string' was made by colouring plain white floss with pink and orange promarkers, I tied bows in the ends of my 'string' before sticking everything down. Finally I added the Happy Birthday peel-off in the bottom right-hand corner to complete my card.

I am entering this card into Pixie's Crafty Workshop Snippets Playground

Thanks once again for reading,

- Rebecca

6 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca!

    I'm having to do some detective work here, partly as you made this card a while ago and also there's no mention of the Snippets Playground in your post (but you mentioned scraps of course) . But this is where I landed from the Playground. So, first of all a huge welcome! I don't mind a bit of back linking and I suspect it might be the lovely Liz who encouraged to to come and play with us in the Playground?

    It's a super card and great use of snippets too - bunting always looks so cheerful and I love the yellow and orange :)

    Hope you come back to play with us again really soon, I like your blog - the main thing you need to set up is your followers list so that we can come and visit you when you post something new :) If you get stuck at all, email me (di_wray@hotmail.com).

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di,

      I have replied via email and as you will see I have edited my post

      - Rebecca x

      Delete
  2. Lovely bright card, Rebecca. Love the bunting!

    Glad you've got your Followers gadget set up. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Rebecca on setting up the followers gadget! I've joined :) Will be introducing you to the Playground tomorrow so you might get a few more visitors and followers :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your help Di, it's a bit intimidating starting all of this from scratch! I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rebecca . . . came to say hello from the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. Love this pretty bunting card.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete