9 August 2014

Floral Birthday Card

A birthday card to share with you today, just a quick post, unlike the card it features which took quite a while with many stages.

 Choosing papers for my flowers

Inking the edges of the flowers

Not quite the finished result

First I created a coloured background using Tim Holtz distress inks and blending brushes (produced by Inkalicious, and bordowed from my Mum, I NEED someof these brushes!) Next I had to search through my rather large pile of patterned papers (which desperately need organising) to find papers with co-ordinating colours to use for my flowers. The flowers are cut using a Tim Holtz die ( I cant remember which off the top of my head). I then inked around the edges with distress ink to add a distressed effect to the flowers.

The text was created using the small Creative Memories circle punch (sadly no longer available in this country). I then used an alphabet stamp set that my mum was given for her, which has turned out to be a very versatile set! The letters were stamped using a variety of colours of archival inks.

Finally I had to decide on the structure of the card. In the end the flowers ended up down the left handside and also along the bottom (being careful to make sure it would still stand up). The text remained in place and I added butterflies between each row of text as well as at the top and bottom. To finish the card off I added trails behind the butterflies. I will try to find  picture of the completed card to add to the blog.

Thanks for reading,

- Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment