2 August 2014

Photo Frame

The Oakhouse Studio competition rules state that you can enter up to 3 projects per competition, so it would be silly not to take advantage of this opportunity, especially with my 'unluckyness'! I decided that I wanted to do something different than the standard card with my stamps. So I got my things together and sat down to play, below is what I managed to produce, it is far from my original idea and I am not 100% happy with how it turned out still, but I still wanted to share it with you all.


And a close up (before I added the bling).



Originally I painted the frame in cream and embossed the Oakhouse Studio Walesby Heart all over the frame with clear embossing powder. I didn't get the result I wanted so I sanded back the frame and repainted it in cream before attempting to distress it by dabbing on specks of gold paint with a piece of tissue paper. I was not happy with this either and so painted the frame in gold all over. Whilst I was doing this I decided I would try a technique that I had been meaning to try for a while, stamping with a clean stamp into paint to create texture. I did this using the Walesby Heart (I love those stamps!), ensuring I cleaned the stamp off between each impression so as not to spoil the image with the excess paint.

Once this was done I spent a couple of hours playing with ideas as to how to finish off the frame as it felt unfinished. In the end I use the medium charming butterfly (another OHS product), stamped it in gold on cream linen card stock and finished its antenna off with gold bling, sticking it in the lower right-hand corner. I finished the frame off with some pink bling to add a bit of colour and dimension (I am definitely my mother's daughter, you can't go wrong with a bit of bling)!

I hope you like it, I will hopefully be back on Monday with a post about my third and final entry,

- Rebecca


2 comments:

  1. Lovely frame will look great with any photo and brighten any room too.. Now the blog looks great,not that hard was it ,if I can make one so can you ..well done on frame card and blog :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christine, it took me a while to decide to post this as im still not 100% happy with it!

    ReplyDelete