Hi all, another post from my very productive holiday, I have made/finished off more in the last 5 days than I have in a couple of months, I guess my mum has provided with motivation (and different toys to play with!)
'If friends were flowers I'd pick you'
The first tag ('If friends were flowers I'd pick you') was made by stamping the English Garden words (by Oakhouse Studio the stamp of the week, there are bargains to be had at www.oakhousestudio.com) in golden yellow and lemon yellow. I then punched flowers in two different sizes out of the stamped images (stamped on Oakhouse Studio stamping card). The tag was made by using my new favourite toy, only borrowed sadly, the ink duster brushes with the same colours as the stamped images, the tag was again made using Oakhouse Studio stamping card. The 'bouquet' of flowers was made by arranging the flowers at random in a circle working towards the middle, finished off with a tiny flower in the middle and faux stitching. The flower stems are made using the promarker leaf green floss with black dots added. The words were added as an afterthought, though I am not happy with their placement as it looks cramped.
'How does your garden grow'
The second tag ('How does your garden grow') was again made with the English Garden words stamp and I have used it as my second entry for the 'Alphabetica' challenge for Oakhouse Studio. The stamp, as I may have mentioned previously is currently stamp of the week and thus half price. This tag was fairly quick and simple to make, though I still like how it looks. The tag is an Oakhouse Studio tag and the background was created by Stamping the English Garden Words in lemon yellow, cobalt blue and spring green. I only inked part of the stamp each time as my tag was relatively small and would not have fitted the whole image in each colour. I had already inked, punched and coloured the flowers in orchid for a previous project, they were also stamped with the Walesby heart before being punched out to add texture to the shape, I added bling to the centres and stuck them to my tag. The next step was to create the stems, I coloured plain white floss using a leaf green promarker and then attached the stems to the tag using a double sided sticky sheet. Finally I added the butterflies as a finishing touch.
I haven't decided what to do with these tags yet, I think I will either stick them to card blanks (and of course decorate the cards slightly too) or use them as gift tags for special summery gifts. Thanks for taking the time out of your undoubtedly busy lives to read my blog and apologies for the quality of the photos, I will try to rectify this soon (once I'm reunited with my computer and my chief photographer!),