Ingredients (serves 1):
* 2 or 3 handfuls kale
* 2 tbsp puy lentils
* 2 rashers bacon
* 1 egg
* 1 tbsp mozarella (or any other cheese of your preference, grated)
* Heat 1 tsp of oil in a frying pan, get the pan very hot before adding the kale.
* Meanwhile cook 2 rashers of bacon in another frying pan until crispy
* Add the kale and ensure you keep the kale moving.
* Add the lentils to the kale and keep mixing.
* Once the bacon is cooked, turn the heat down on the kale pan and add the bacon to keep it warm.
* Fry your egg in the bacon pan (no oil necessary).
* Pile the kale and lentil in the centre of the plate. Top with the bacon, followed by the egg (I like it so the yolk will break and run over the rest of the ingredients) and finally a sprinkling of grated cheese (either your favourite cheese or whatever you have to hand).
Presentation needs to be improved, but here is the meal (with chicken added as it needed using up!)
Leafy green vegetables (such as Kale) are very good sources of magnesium, as are many legumes and lentils (such as puy lentils). Another good source of magnesium is nuts (particularly almonds).
Thanks for reading,
- Rebecca x