31 October 2014

Good Luck Card

October has left me rather glum and in neither the blogging or crafting frame of mind, but I do have a quick good luck card to share with you all today. One of Tom's colleagues got married in June and his wife has just moved over from India to be with him, she is starting a new job on Monday and I wanted to make a Good Luck card (and also to thank her for the best Indian dinner I've ever tasted when we were invited over for dinner the weekend before last, I must get the recipes!)


I started off with the good luck sentiment and a blank curved rectangle. The main block of colour is created by masking off the outer surrounds of the card and using the fantastic Inkylicious ink dusters with Barn Door and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks and So Saffrom by Stampin' Up, I blended these together until I had a look I was semi-happy with (still not quite convinced but then I quite often lack confidence in my cards). I was surprised to find that I have no stamps expressing the Good Luck sentiment so I turned to my trusty alphabet stamps, as I only had one lower case O I stamped Go d Luck (measuring my spacing) and then added the second O. I ummed and ahhed for ages about what to put on my background before settling for the Lavinia Alium stamps that I have used many times and still have on loan from my mum, I think I may have to buy my own set! I inked around the edges in Barn Door and smudged as I went (to cover up a smudge I had made whilst blending!).


I then glittered the seed heads of the alium with orange and red glitter to co-ordinate with the rest of the card.


I decided, as I usually do that the envelope looked plain and boring so I used the same stamps and glitter to add some interest :)


The finished project, I hope you like it!

Thanks for reading, I'm hoping November will be a better month crafting wise for me, it better be as I have a Christmas fayre to prepare for, and I also have a new Big Shot and Silhouette Portrait to play with, come back soon to see my projects,

- Rebecca 

No comments:

Post a Comment